There are a few things worth noting before you start cleaning your vinyl siding. First, check with your manufacturer to see what the proper maintenance is for the vinyl siding on your home. Vinyl siding warranty depends on the quality of maintenance. Second, research the proper cleaning products for your vinyl siding. It may seem obvious that harsh chemicals may damage your vinyl siding; however, mild cleaning products also may cause dulling or discoloration. Third, consult a professional when necessary. You should call a siding company with professional siding contractors in Downers Grove when you feel uncomfortable doing any work on the outside of your home or if you feel that you need siding replacement in Downers Grove.
You can clean your vinyl siding in Downers Grove by:
- Checking with your manufacturer to ensure correct maintenance according to your warranty
- Ensuring safety by wearing gloves and goggles during cleaning
- Spraying the vinyl siding gently with water before using any cleaning products to prevent harsh chemical reactions and dulling
- Using a soft bristle brush to gently scrub the siding
- Using a garden hose at low pressure to rinse off the soap and residue.